The Product Manager, will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. This role will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and feedback with customers and prospects. Candidates must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Applicants must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Driving a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology and treasury.
- Experience with Clarizen or other project management tools a plus
- Preferred: Post Graduate/Business Qualification e.g. MBA