The marketing manager has two main goals: execute strategic marketing plans to generate new-customer leads for our business development team as well as create and implement marketing plans to encourage our current customers to engage with us more. This role requires you to keep up with changes in marketing tools and methods, and adjust plans accordingly. You also need to track all of our marketing campaigns and report on their effectiveness, trends, and performance against other metrics. You should be an energetic and creative problem solver with good analytical skills.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and execute a marketing plan aligned with company growth objectives for net-new customer acquisition, customer growth, and retention
- Independently plan and roll out engagement campaigns, and oversee their full cycle
- Apply our marketing strategy to raise product awareness and encourage new and existing customers to buy
- Work within Marketo, our marketing automation tool, to set up and manage campaigns, analyze their performance, and fine-tune them as needed to improve results
- Be a champion for getting the data you need to make effective marketing decisions
- Create demand-generation activities, conversion and nurture programs, and marketing campaigns that provide top- and middle-of-the funnel growth and that deliver a solid pipeline.
- Actively solicit input from key internal stakeholders regarding new demand-generation and campaign-plan requirements.
- Partner with internal teams to create compelling content and ensure sales has the necessary tools and training to convert pipeline to close.
- Select and coordinate events designed to optimize brand as well as generate marketing qualified leads for sales. Events include tradeshows, user groups, and, conferences,
- Act as primary marketing contact for the sales team and lead regular sales team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions.
- Monitor, manage, and report on lead-funnel performance. Use Marketo to assess lead quality through quantifiable program metrics, engaging with sales team on lead status/quality, guiding and accelerating lead movement through the funnel. KPIs will include program ROI, number of opportunities generated and funnel size.
- Experience with all marketing channels, including direct mail, email, online, print, web, and social
- Experience with a marketing automation tool, preferably Marketo
- Experience with an enterprise customer relationship management system preferably Salesforce
- An ability to transition between the creative side of advertising and the analytical side, especially the aspect that involves testing and metric tracking
- An ability to analyze data to manage return on investment for positive results
- Exceptional project management and prioritization skills.
- A team-oriented and collaborative work style
- Expertise in developing trusted relationships with coworkers, customers, vendors, contractors, and other business professionals
- Creative conceptualizing, brainstorming, problem-solving, and solution-implementation skills
- High standards for professionalism, diplomacy, and organization
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or business administration
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, including a knowledge of current and innovative demand-gen methods across multiple channels (email, webinars, SEO/SEM, PPC, retargeting, social, events, ABM, etc.)
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in the complex and challenging environment of a rapidly evolving business
- Ability to travel to meet with sales leaders, attend events and support the sales team will be expected