The UX designer creates satisfying or compelling experiences for users of a product, often drawing on results from user research and workflow analysis. Generally, UX designers need to possess strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills. Areas of focus may include content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, branding and customer/technical support.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Consulting with clients to understand their goals and explaining research results
- Conducting usability testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces. and screen flows
- Creating product prototypes
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
UX designers must have a solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies, and of wireframing tools such as Axure RP. A good grasp of design programs and tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and InVision is also necessary. UX designers must have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep their skills and industry knowledge current.
Professional experience and skills:
UX designers are expected to be self-directed but also collaborative. They must possess superb communication, time-management and process-management skills. Keen problem-solving and organizational abilities are necessary among other soft skills. Creativity, passion and attention to detail are also keys to success in this field.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Ability to work in an Agile environment