Visual Risk (a GTreasury company), a leading FinTech organization is looking for a Senior Scrum Master/ Process Expert experienced in bringing true agile and scrum methodologies to a high end development team in the analysis and development of financial applications and platforms for a new, high profile on-boarding project initiative.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL CONSIST OF:
- This role will involve working closely with Product Manager’s, Product Owner’s, Developers, DevOps and QA team members, both on site and off site.
- You will be setting out to challenge existing processes to improve efficiency and quality – consistently raising the bar for delivery.
- Responsible for creating a culture of high motivation and continuous improvement within the technology team, while proactively communicating with all stakeholders.
- You will enjoy coaching and steering teams to use and adapt various agile methods and tools.
- Ensuring the correct stories and bugs are in the team backlog.
- Ensuring all stories are appropriately sized, specified (AC’s and UI notes or even mock-up if relevant) and that team has a shared understanding of each story.
- Beta testing all stories as soon as they are available to test.
- Assisting with formal QA and Regressions testing where required.
- Helping prepare metrics for the team such as sprint velocity and burn-down as well as companywide dashboards to displaying cycle performance.
- Ensuring that the team is facilitated through sprint planning, stand-ups, show and tells and retrospectives.
- Ensuring the teams activities are effectively communicated to senior stakeholders.
- Taking ownership of research and envisioning for major functional areas.
- Managing projects to completion for new migrations and implementations.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years’ experience as a Certified Scrum Master. Experience within a financial markets environment preferred but not required.
- Experience with financial platform implementation projects preferred.
- Financial markets knowledge – any/all: FX, Treasury, Risk, Hedge Accounting, VaR, Credit Risk, Market Risk preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, etc.
- Multiple, full project life cycle experience.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery, Testing, Pair programming etc.
- Strong and effective people and communication skills.
- Industry relevant degree, diploma and/or certifications preferred
- Ideal Certifications / Accreditations: IAS 39 or IFRS 9 hedge accounting.
- Ideal knowledge: Valuation adjustments including CVA, DVA, FVA & EVA, SA-CCR, FRTB.
- Financial platform experience preferred (Murex, Calypso, WallStreet Systems, ION Trading, etc.).
- Experience with Excel/VBA, SQL (views, joins, stored procedures, etc.), MS SQL Server, and Oracle.