The Corporate Controller, reporting directly to the CFO, will be a key advisor to the senior management team with complete responsibility for the daily financial operations of the Company. Managing, mentoring and growing a team, the successful candidate will possess a detailed understanding of the “basics” (like general ledger operations, accelerating close processes, daily cash receipts and disbursements), lead our annual audit, have a deep, working knowledge of GAAP with particular emphasis on software revenue recognition, coordinate tax filings, and have a mastery over all other facets of running the Accounting side of our business.
Additionally, the Controller will work closely with the CFO and FP&A analyst in budgeting, financial forecasting and modeling, and in constantly helping teams understand the business and to develop new ways for the Company to operate.
- All phases of the daily operations of the Accounting team.
- Manage the closing of the monthly financial statements and maintaining all relevant support schedules.
- Running the Company’s annual audit, including being the main point of contact with the external accounting firm.
- Supporting the FP&A analyst in preparing and presenting analyses of operating results and metrics to the senior management team, including analysis of trends, revenue and cost drivers and margins.
- Manage the billing process.
- Managing the cash flow cycle.
- Create and maintain financial standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manage the preparation of all federal, multi-state, and local tax returns and manage overall tax compliance.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience gained through a combination of public accounting and working directly in a corporate environment. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable.
- Strong financial comprehension (US GAAP) and experience overseeing monthly close process.
- Good working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance.
- Detailed understanding of cash flow cycle management.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- A pro with Excel, databases and other Office applications which is reflected in superior analytical and financial modeling skills.
- The ability to innovate and work independently, driving multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Experience with Intacct ERP software a plus.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Successful completion of the CPA exam, licensed CPA a plus
- 3-4 years of public accounting desired