Heritage Bank is Australia’s largest customer owned bank. It has assets exceeding $8.5 billion and currently employs approximately 800 staff. The bank has 100 retail outlets across southern Queensland, lending offices in every mainland state capital, and lends to customers around Australia via a national network of mortgage brokers.
Heritage Bank was seeking a replacement for their Treasury Management System which had been their primary treasury platform for ten years. The replacement had to be implemented within a tight operational deadline to ensure a seamless transition to a new system.
Heritage had a TMS in place for 10 years and had to decide whether to upgrade it or implement an alternative solution. Heritage’s key requirements were for a vendor that could provide a TMS capable of supporting a bank treasury and their strict requirements around operational controls and best practice system integration. The bank was also looking for a vendor that would provide a high level of service when the treasury team required support in their day to day activities.
After a comprehensive evaluation process, Heritage selected GTreasury due to the following reasons:
- A demonstrable track record in the bank treasury market.
- A robust platform for managing treasury investments
- An integration framework to achieve STP with Heritage’s
- A proven strategy and tools to effect a smooth migration
Selecting GTreasury has helped us take a fresh look at our treasury workflow operations with a view to increasing efficiencies whilst maintaining the core integrity of our processes. The system has fit seamlessly into our core banking and accounting platforms and has made data more accessible.
The deployment of GTreasury means Heritage now utilise a solution that applies the very latest in treasury systems technology. GTreasury recognised Heritage’s specific requirements and delivered a tailored software solution.
GTreasury has allowed Heritage Bank to transform their workflow practices and improve their reporting through a number of operational and strategic enhancements.
- What-if analysis of investment and hedging strategies.
- Visualisation of credit reporting to support pre- deal limit
- System based deal approval queues to increase operational
- System generated notifications of key steps in the treasury
- Flexible settlement
- Best practice VAR reporting with robust data management
and graphical charting.